Sensu Go Release Notes
Sensu Go adheres to Semantic Versioning using MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH release numbers, starting at 5.0.0. MAJOR version changes indicate incompatible API changes; MINOR versions add backwards-compatible functionality; PATCH versions include backwards-compatible bug fixes.
To upgrade to the latest version of Sensu Go from version 5.0.0 or later, first install the latest packages.
Then restart the services.
# Restart the Sensu agent sudo service sensu-agent restart # Restart the Sensu backend sudo service sensu-backend restart
For systems using
systemd, you should run
sudo systemctl daemon-reload before restarting the services.
You can use the
version command to determine the installed version using the
sensuctl tools. For example:
5.0.1 Release Notes
December 12, 2018 — We’re excited to announce the latest version of Sensu Go!
FIXED: Resolved an issue where external etcd could not be used in backend configuration.
FIXED: Issues around command execution in the agent are now fixed.
- Environment variables are now correctly included when executing checks.
- Command arguments are no longer escaped on Windows.
- Added backend environment to handler and mutator execution requests.
5.0.0 Release Notes
December 5, 2018 — It’s here! This marks the inaugural stable release of Sensu Go.
We’ve got a lot of awesome functionality and new features to share. Here are a few highlights:
- Updated Sensu UI built in with the backend
- sensuctl, our new command-line tool for managing all things Sensu
- A slick new versioned API
- True multi-tenancy with the switch to namespaces and RBAC, modeled after Kubernetes
- Object metadata, which replaces custom attributes and offers a richer way to interact with your data
- Built-in support for StatsD metric collection
- Embedded transport and etcd datastore to replace RabbitMQ and Redis
All this and more is included in our general availability release changelog and announcement. The team has been working incredibly hard for two years, and we couldn’t be more excited to get this awesome, next-gen product into your hands!
The Sensu Team